Innovative. Focused. Advocative.
Contact Information – Download vCard
- JD, New York Law School
- Student Bar Association Representative
- Wagner Moot Court Board
- Legal Association for Women
- AB, Brown University
- Brown Key Society
- New York State
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Defense Association of New York (DANY)
Significant Trial Successes
- Denson v. Pergament Defense verdict following a one week trial in which the plaintiff claimed that he was severely beaten by a mugger in the parking lot due to inadequate security and insufficient lighting of the parking lot.
- Franco v. Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Defense verdict following trial in which plaintiff claimed he broke his arm when he fell on water spilled on the floor by the defendant.
- Henry v. Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Defense verdict at trial in which plaintiff claimed that she fell on the floor as a result of defendant’s negligence, resulting in a fractured hip.
- Rivera v. County of Suffolk Case dismissed as to client at close of plaintiff’s case in case where plaintiff alleged loss of skin to 70% of her body and consequential death.
- Day v. Cardenas Case dismissed at trial in case where plaintiff claimed permanent heart damage as a result of the negligence of the defendants.
- Palmese v. Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Case dismissed at trial only as to Brookhaven, in action where plaintiff claimed failure to diagnose a nerve injury to her spine, resulting in paralysis and loss of bladder and bowel function.
- Rivera v. Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Defense verdict in case where plaintiff alleged traumatic foley catherization with resulting painful urination and decreased sexual function.
- Joanne Walsh v. Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Defense verdict for hospital personnel following a month long jury trial. Also provided for complete indemnification of the hospital for actions by the emergency department physician who was found by the jury to have precipitated a stroke in the plaintiff.
- Dianne Walsh v. Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Defense verdict following four week jury trial in which the plaintiff sustained hemiparesis with an inability to use the left side of her body, allegedly caused by a failure to evaluate or investigate repeated complaints by the plaintiff to Emergency Department personnel.
- Multiple seminars and lectures at insurance companies regarding Labor Law-Construction related actions from pre-lawsuit investigation, status of the law and insurance issues.
- Lectured on New York Labor Law for the New York State Bar Association for Continuing Legal Education on New York Labor Law.
- Lectured at the request of the New York State Bar Association at an all day seminar on Discovery issues for continuing Legal Education program.
- Worked with senior partner to develop a program to create and implement self-insurance programs at three hospitals on Long Island.
- Lectured to Emergency Department and Medical Staff on Special Program of Risk Management and Loss Prevention for Emergency Room Patients.
- Led seminars and training for various insurance companies.
- Acted as counsel to four hospitals on Long Island regarding issues relating to the NYS Department of Health.
- Volunteer member of Board of Directors for two Not for Profit Companies: Sleepy Hollow Performing Artists, Inc. and Fildwith Ensemble Theatre, Inc.